Lemon Yogurt Sugar Mini Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh-squeezed
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
6 ounces lemon yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon zest
White sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, stir together the milk, lemon juice, 1/4 cup melted butter, egg, yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest. This mixture may look clumpy and/or curdled; that’s normal!
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just to combine. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
6. Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully invert the pan to turn out the muffins.
7. Dip the muffins in the 3 tablespoons of melted butter until evenly coated. Then roll each muffin in sugar.
These muffins are best eaten immediately. They’ll get sticky once they’ve cooled. If that happens, just roll them in sugar again before enjoying!