Potato & Green Bean Salad
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked – use your favorite variety of potato – cut bite size
- 1 pound of green beans, cooked (cut to bite size if you like)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (or your favorite herb blend with oregano)
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
The recipe calls for Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar Dressing. You can also make your own or use your favorite vinegar and oil dressing from the store. I have used Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing – excellent on this salad too!
- In a small bowl or jar, pour desired amount of dressing (at least 1/3 cup) and add the pressed garlic and oregano to the dressing and mix.
Place cooked potatoes, green beans and onions in a large bowl. Add desired amount of the oil and vinegar dressing mixture, lightly toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill in fridge or serve immediately. Enjoy!
Have fun with this recipe. You don’t need to peel the potatoes, do what you prefer. I cut my potatoes to bite size and boiled them until ready. Be sure to use fresh green beans or frozen – skip canned. I use green bean steamers (12 oz). You could use a sweet onion, like vidalia, in place of the red or green onion, or in addition. Add more veggies if you like. A sweet oil and vinegar dressing would be great. Sandi makes her salad ahead of time and chills it overnight. I made my salad and served it right away. I had leftovers and added a little more dressing when serving it the next day.
Recipe courtesy sweetlittlebird.com