The Best Potato Salad
- 2 pounds mixed fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp. pickle juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup peas, cooked and drained
- 1 cup corn, cooked, cut off the cob
- 8 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup chives
Bring water to boil in a large pot; add in 1 Tbsp. of salt plus the chopped potatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for abut 10-12 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Drain well.
In a small bowl, make the dressing by adding the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, and garlic. Mix together and set aside.
Cook the peas and corn and allow to cool. Chop the bacon, pickles, celery, sweet peppers, and chives.
Toss the potatoes gently with the dressing; allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
Add in the remaining ingredients; salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss until mixed together.
Recipe courtesy of reluctantentertainer.com