- 20 chicken wing drumettes
- 1 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 eggs
- cooking oil
Honey Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
For the Chicken Fry:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, in a large bowl add chicken, seasonings, and eggs, mix well and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
To Prepare the Chicken Fry:
- Mix all ingredients together, place in a freezer bag and shake well.
To Fry the Chicken:
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 20 minutes prior to frying.
- In a large cast iron pot or dutch over, heat cooking oil to 350 degrees. Please only fill pot half full with cooking oil to prevent spills.
- In a large paper bag or freezer bag add chicken fry and half the marinated chicken wings, shake well to coat.
- Remove chicken from bag and dust off excess chicken fry.
- Place chicken in hot oil and fry chicken for approximately 15-18 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- While chicken is frying time to make the homemade hot sauce.
To Prepare Honey Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to blender and puree.
- Remove chicken from hot grease, drain on paper napkin and coat chicken in sauce.
Recipe courtesy of CreoleContessa.com