Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
(makes 6-8 servings)
- 3lbs garnet sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 3 to 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the potato chunks in a large pot and cover with water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Boil until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Drain the cooked sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove. Lower the heat to low. Add the bourbon and the butter to the pot and stir. Add the brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and stir. Mash with a potato masher until smooth.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes