- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into tenders
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or if you are going gluten free, any gluten free flour works, I love potato flour when cooking asian themed)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 pinch of chili pepper flakes (optional, adds a slight kick)
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple in juice or just ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh is best, but bottled is fine too)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Mix together all sauce ingredients, and still until sugar melts, then strain into a bowl, so you remove the pieces of pineapple, and are left with a lovely lemon sauce. If you want to skip a step, just use pineapple juice.
- Then set aside.
- Next, prepare chicken by cutting chicken into tender, then pat them dry.
- Then mix together salt and pepper (a few shakes of each) with the flour, and dredge your tenders
- Mix together milk, egg, and vinegar, and take dredged chicken, and dip into the egg, milk, vinegar mixture
- Then dredge in flour again
- In a medium size saute pan, heat oil until it sizzles when you flick water into it, but not so hot that steam is coming off. Fry your chicken tenders on each side until nice and brown.
- Set on paper towels to catch excess oil
- Then toss with lemon sauce
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and fresh green onion
- Serve hot
recipe courtesy eazypeazymealz.com