I recently made these and they were delicious!!
- 1½ cups cream (whipping cream, heavy cream, low fat half & half – your choice)
- 1 bay leaf
- a good handful of fresh parsley, tied with cooking twine.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 pounds potatoes, (russet or any favorite potato of your choice) peeled & sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup grated white cheddar.
- Butter for greasing the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream with the bay leaf, parsley, and garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the bay leaf, garlic and parsley. Mix in the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Slice the potatoes and add them to a large bowl. Pour the cream over potato slices. Mix to coat the potatoes. Mix gently to incorporate.
- Add the mixture to the casserole dish and spread the mixture evenly over the dish.
- Top with some Parmesan cheese & the cheddar, cover the dish with aluminum foil (making sure the foil is not laying directly onto the cheese), and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown
recipe courtesy of errenskitchen.com