- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon dried mint
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring together the milk, rum, egg, and butter.
- Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until the butter melts, about one to two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the milk mixture into the flour mixture; mix until combined.
- Grease a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Using a large tablespoon, spoon the doughnut mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and immediately invert the pan onto a cooling rack.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, begin to work on the glaze.
- Place the milk, lime juice, and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly just until combined and no lumps appear.
- Remove from heat and set the saucepan over a bowl filled with hot water.
- Stir in the dried mint.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze, one at a time, and set on a rack, glaze side up. Put a baking sheet underneath the rack because some of that glaze will drip off
Courtesy of http://diethood.com/