LIME AND GARLIC BARBECUE CHICKEN SALAD
- 7-8 tablespoons barbecue sauce (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder (I use Vegeta)
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- ½ lime, juiced
- 500g | lbs whole skinless chicken breast fillets
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves (or lettuce of choice)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Sprinkle of salt
- 8 slices pineapple, canned in natural juice
- Lime wedges to serve
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, olive oil, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, stock powder, garlic and lime juice. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and coat chicken evenly.
- Heat a large nonstick grilling pan/skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan and add the chicken with the marinade and sear on both sides. Cover the pan and cook chicken, turning after every two minutes or so, until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove, allow to rest and keep warm. Reserve the remaining juices/sauce left over from the chicken in the pan into a separate small bowl.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil onto the same pan, and grill pineapple rings on both sides until caramelised (about 4 minutes each side).
- Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss them until mixed through. Sprinkle salt over the top (adjust to your tastes), and toss again. Place the cooked chicken on top along with the pineapple rings, tomatoes, green onions, avocado and basil. Drizzle reserved juices from the pan over the salad with extra olive oil (if needed).