Roasted Butternut Squash, Cranberry and Spinach Salad with a Cran-Cabernet Dressing
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon (+ 1 teaspoon) maple syrup
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine, or a full bodied red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (+ 1/4 teaspoon) salt and pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash, skinned, seeds and innards removed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 2 ½ ounces toasted, salted pepitas
Add 1 cup cranberry juice, red wine, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to a saucepan over medium high heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture reduces by half. Then set aside.
While that is cooking, add chopped butternut squash to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast on 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
Add 1 cup cranberry juice and the dried cranberries to a microwavable bowl and heat for 2 minutes. Place on the counter and allow to sit for 10 minhttps://sophiajd.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post-new.phputes, then drain discard the liquid and set the cranberries aside.
To assemble the salad, place spinach on a platter or in a large bowl, add squash, cranberries, Parmesan, pepitas and drizzle with dressing.
recipe courtesy of tasteandsee.com