- 1cup Honey Graham Crackers
- 1cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 7ounces salted sweet cream butter
- 1/4cup light brown sugar
- 1/4teaspoon cardamom
- 6large egg yolks
- 1/2pint softened vanilla bean ice cream
- 14ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2cup Key Lime juice
For the Crust:
- Place Graham Crackers in a large plastic bag and roll with rolling pin until finely crushed. Pour into a medium bowl. Repeat method for Honey Nut Cheerios and add to bowl.
- Add brown sugar and cardamon to the cereal mix. Slowly stir in melted butter and hand mix until even consistency is obtained.
- Press mixture into 9-inch pie pan working from center of pan to outer edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
For the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place egg yolks in a medium bowl and mix with an electric mixer or whisk for one minute. Slowly add sweetened condensed milk and mix for six minutes more.
- Add ice cream and continue mixing until smooth. Add Key Lime juice. Pour filling into prepared pie shell. Bake for for 12 minutes.
- Place pie on a cooling rack in the freezer for at least one hour. Remove 20 minutes prior to serving. Add whipped cream and garnish before serving.
Recipe courtesy of David Sloan and Relish.com