Need more stylish design ideas in Black & White. This stunning hallway, is sophisticated and chic. The ceiling and wall where the door is located just compliment this stunning design. The black and white photos add character to what otherwise could be considered sterile walls. It is a delightful place to connect the rooms!!
Chewy Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
|In a mixer, beat the butter and sugars. Add vanilla, egg, and salt, and baking soda and mix well. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chips. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
Drop by 2 TBS scoops onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until golden around the edges. Immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool on the sheet before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Note: I’m not a fan of balsamic vinegar (or vinegar of any kind) so I would substitute the dressing for an Italian one.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 small squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 large red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 20 kalamata Olives, about 5 per salad
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly into rings and separated
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 4 ounces French Feta, crumbled (regular feta if preferred)
- 5 ounces mixed lettuce greens
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons aged Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and spray with Canola cooking spray. Cook on a 450 degree grill for 6 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the second. Be sure to temp the chicken to be sure it reads 165 degrees.
Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, slice width-wise into ¼ inch slices.
Cut squash, zucchini and red pepper in half lengthwise. Salt and pepper liberally and spray with canola cooking spray. Grill for 4 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the other side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice squash and zucchini on the diagonal. Cut pepper into long one-inch wide slices and then cut each slice on the diagonal into ½ inch pieces.
Mix all the ingredients together for the vinaigrette dressing.
Place a bed of mixed greens on each plate, then layer on grilled veggies, onions, olives, and feta. Top with you grilled chicken slices and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
recipe courtesy of tasteandsee.com
Roasted Butternut Squash, Cranberry and Spinach Salad with a Cran-Cabernet Dressing
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon (+ 1 teaspoon) maple syrup
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine, or a full bodied red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (+ 1/4 teaspoon) salt and pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash, skinned, seeds and innards removed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 3 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 2 ½ ounces toasted, salted pepitas
Add 1 cup cranberry juice, red wine, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to a saucepan over medium high heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture reduces by half. Then set aside.
While that is cooking, add chopped butternut squash to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast on 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
Add 1 cup cranberry juice and the dried cranberries to a microwavable bowl and heat for 2 minutes. Place on the counter and allow to sit for 10 minhttps://sophiajd.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post-new.phputes, then drain discard the liquid and set the cranberries aside.
To assemble the salad, place spinach on a platter or in a large bowl, add squash, cranberries, Parmesan, pepitas and drizzle with dressing.
recipe courtesy of tasteandsee.com
- 15 Slider Buns
- 1 lb Breaded Chicken Tenders * *These should be cooked already** (weight is approx.)
- 2 c Pasta Sauce
- 2 c Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ c Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp Garlic powder (more to taste)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish.
- Place cooked chicken tenders on the bottom buns and then cover them in sauce.
- Combine the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the sauce.
- Place the top buns on the sliders.
- Melt the butter and mix the garlic powder until it is thoroughly combined. (feel free to add more garlic powder if you like garlic as much as I do!)
- Pour the melted butter over the buns and then sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
recipe courtesy of homemadeinterest.com
I have not posted in a while and so please forgive me. I will also post several new blogs in the next few days. I spent a good deal of the previous year traveling around the country and the world and I have enjoyed every single moment of it. I would like to share some of my memories from these travels with you. I hope I inspire you as much as you inspire me.
So I finally made it to Italy. It’s a place I’ve wanted to go for most of my life. I was in Milan, Bologna, Rimini and the Italian Coast. Portofino, Sante Magherita, Rapallo as well as a few other places. I loved the Italian Coast for its beauty, people and food. It is so charming, romantic, stunning and lovely!!!
While in Portofino, one of the hotels I stayed at was the Excelsior Hotel. A 5 star hotel located at the top of the hill with such a spectacular view, I could barely say goodbye to when it was time to leave. While you have a meal, you can take in the most magnificent ocean views.
I will never forget my time spent here and the wonderful, people, food, wine and time we had here. I will be returning to the Italian coast again later this year, but will check out different towns and villages next time. I suggest you get out there and see the world. Don’t worry about language barriers. Someone always speaks your language.